Deputy MLRO and AML Compliance Officer (m/w/d)- 24 month FTC
Job Title: Deputy MLRO and AML Compliance Officer – 24 month FTC
Department: Germany Branch – Compliance
Reporting To: MLRO and AML Compliance Officer and Deputy Back Office Manager
Location: Eschborn, Germany
Salary: £100,000 per annum plus package
Job Purpose: We are seeking a Deputy MLRO and AML Compliance Officer to join our team in Eschborn, Germany. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the bank’s compliance with anti-money laundering legislation and regulatory requirements. You will also assist in fraud prevention and provide support in various compliance-related areas.
Area of Responsibility
Responsibilities: As the Deputy MLRO and AML Compliance Officer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a strong understanding of relevant regulatory rules, anti-money laundering legislation, and fraud prevention measures to ensure the bank’s activities are in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in regulatory and legislative developments.
- Evaluating Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and serving as the central point of contact for all SAR disclosures, as well as liaising with relevant authorities, including the NCA.
- Reviewing and investigating AML/KYC alerts generated from the bank’s transaction monitoring and name screening systems.
- Assisting the Managing Director of the back office and the outsourced AML unit in various relevant areas.
- Resolving KYC referrals and providing guidance to the business units.
- Assisting with Compliance Monitoring Reviews, including conducting fieldwork, identifying findings, and writing reports.
- Responding to inquiries from law enforcement agencies and regulators, and cooperating fully with law enforcement authorities as necessary.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of policies and processes to mitigate financial crime risks and maintain compliance.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of financial crime training.
- Undertaking projects and assignments as directed by management.
- Registering with regulators as the Deputy MLRO of the Germany branch.
Main Accountabilities and Approximate Time Split:
- Regulatory and Legislative Compliance: 40%
- SAR Evaluation and Reporting: 20%
- AML/KYC Alert Investigation: 15%
- Compliance Monitoring Reviews: 10%
- Law Enforcement and Regulatory Cooperation: 10%
- Policy and Process Development: 5%
Technical Skills and Competencies: To excel in this role, you should possess:
- A good awareness of compliance-related laws, rules, and regulatory issues.
- A solid understanding of anti-money laundering rules.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with problem-solving abilities.
- The capability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to handle internal and external queries and referrals promptly.
- The capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Qualifications: As required by the job
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial crime, banking, or financial services industry.
- Experience in AML/Financial crime/Compliance division is preferred.
If you are a dedicated and proactive individual with a passion for ensuring compliance and preventing financial crime, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and contribute to the integrity and security of our banking operations in accordance with regulatory requirements.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant qualifications and experience.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.